My well seasoned life

Recent Posts

978-501-0393

What started as a weekend in Paris, a pit stop between our extended stays in Italy and Spain, ended up being the most impactful weekend of this entire journey. Paris was beautiful, don’t get me wrong, but there was something missing for me in this […]

Bolognese, Baby!

719-336-0802

I feel a calling to post this recipe because I firmly believe this is one of the best things I’ve ever made. Not because I have magic bolognese hands, or because I did anything profound to make it delicious, just because bolognese. is. everything. It’s […]

Pizza Wars & Pompeii

(707) 606-3044

We planned our trip to Naples for two reasons: Pizza and Pompeii. If I’m being completely honest… it came down to the pizza. Disclaimer: If you give zero f***s about pizza (said nobody ever) and just want to see really amazing pictures from Pompeii, you […]

Florence Eats

(913) 220-8561

I guess there’s no better time to share our favorite Florence eats than now, since we have officially closed this chapter and are already elbows deep in Spanish life. This blog post may not be interesting unless you’re traveling to Florence in the near future, […]

Learning Italian

(401) 934-3533

I got through three lessons of “Learn Italian in your car” before I lost focus and turned on Beyoncé. Though I wish I had taken a little more time to learn the language for my own sake, us Americans are so damn spoiled when we […]

30 minute market pasta

30 minute market pasta

My favorite kind of culinary research in Italy is obviously indulging at every local restaurant possible, but truthfully the only time I feel “at home” here is when I am cooking in our little apartment kitchen. Also, we’re trying not to go broke on this […]

Birthday in Venice

Birthday in Venice

When Chris suggested Venice as a birthday weekend getaway, I had one of those “pinch me” moments, mostly because I hadn’t even remembered that I had a birthday coming up. It’s hard to remember the day of the week, let alone the date, when you’re […]

252-291-6127

The day we found butter in Florence

I spend a good portion of my days researching our next meal, whether it is where I will shop for the produce to cook at home, or which restaurants we have to try. It’s become a little bit of an obsession, and almost a game- […]

249-323-9897

(952) 847-4608

If I didn’t paint the picture clear enough in my previous post, Florence and the food industry are no joke. I had been looking forward to Taste of Firenze since we first booked this trip- admittedly, I only had an idea of what this event […]

Week one in Firenze

Week one in Firenze

I had this vision of what I thought it would be like to live in Italy. I saw myself skipping through the streets of Florence, strolling into neighborhood restaurants with ease and joining the chefs in their kitchen as they took me under their wing […]

Subscribe to Serendipity & Salt